UK Sales Controller
UK Sales Controller
London Area, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Join an esteemed, globally recognised alcoholic drinks brand on an exciting journey! We are on the hunt for a dynamic Sales Controller to spearhead an experienced London-based sales team.
Our client is a brand synonymous with excellence and quality.
As Sales Controller, you’ll step into a pivotal role, leading a team of accomplished Account Managers. In addition to this, you’ll retain top-tier grocery account management responsibilities with one key retailer, cementing the brand’s presence in the market.
- Lead and inspire a team of experienced National Account Managers to exceed budgeted sales volume and profit targets.
- Cultivate and nurture strong, enduring relationships with valued customers, leveraging category management expertise to align business opportunities with the brand’s objectives.
- While headquartered in London for three days a week, revel in the dynamic and agile environment of an SME, where your impact will be felt daily.
What You’ll Do:
- Shape your customer portfolio to realise business goals, guiding your team in achieving the sales targets.
- Personally oversee select key customers when necessary, ensuring no detail is left unattended.
- Forge enduring, high-quality connections with customers, engaging with influential contacts across various functions.
- Secure top-notch distribution for the brands, elevating them to category-leading status.
- Dive deep into the market and customer landscape, uncovering hidden potential and lucrative business prospects.
- Apply the art of Category Management, blending intuition with analysis to chart a course to success.
- Support your team in crafting and executing impeccable Joint Business Plans (JBPs), setting the stage for profitable growth.
- Mastermind, analyse, and oversee trade promotional activities across the portfolio.
- Ensure your team handles customer administration duties with precision and timeliness.
- Hands-on experience in UK-specific National Account management, with a proven track record of success in the FMCG sector, particularly with prominent UK grocery customers.
- Leadership and coaching experience, including previous experience of managing a team of NAMs or SNAMs.
- A degree or equivalent educational background to bring strategic thinking to the table.
- Preferably, prior experience in the alcoholic beverage industry, although candidates from other distinguished branded FMCG sectors will definitely be considered.
- Ideally, a background in a structured corporate environment, coupled with the adaptability to thrive in the dynamic setting of an SME.
Ready to take the reins and steer a sales team to new heights? If you’re passionate about delivering excellence, fostering customer relationships, and driving success for an iconic brand, we want to hear from you.