Supply Manager – Charity
This is an exciting opportunity for someone from a supply chain or buying background to join a new and rapidly growing charity. Our client is on a mission to help reduce food waste and end food poverty and needs a commercial individual to help grow their charity.
You will primarily be responsible for determining the vision for and delivering the charity’s strategy. You will lead the team to enhance the relationships with existing suppliers by improving communication and reporting to them, along with finding new suppliers and ensuring they meet future growth ambitions and develop long term supply partnerships.
Supply Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the supplier base so deliveries of stock are consistent and maximised.
- Determine the gaps and opportunities in our existing supplier base and develop a plan to increase number of suppliers and or volume of deliveries.
- Develop a supplier scorecard in order to manage and maximise our relationships with existing suppliers, determining new opportunities to work closer together.
- Set up quarterly reviews with key suppliers and ensure each supplier has a an owner to identify opportunities
- Own process for bringing new suppliers into the business
- Encourage working with suppliers further up the supply chain e.g growers.
- Develop with the operations plan a distribution solution for supply availability to be maximised.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure the relationship with our client is mutually beneficial. This will include leasing with the Fundraising team and influencing the social media plan.
- Help suppliers, charities and depot teams to understand technical requirements to enable us to stay safe and legal
- Where appropriate visit community groups to understand their food needs and be able to source suppliers accordingly.
- Produce a set of reports on a quarterly and weekly basis to illustrate and measure supply and supplier performance
Supply Manager Requirements:
- Experience in a buying, supplier or supply chain environment
- Confident and professional negotiator
- Able to adhere to the values and mission of the company
- Experience of creating an supply strategy and executing against this plan
- Demonstrable experience of initiating and managing strategic long-term partnerships to enable growth
- Ability to manage change and comply with internal and external business processes
- Success in the development and deployment of new processes and/or technology to deliver operational excellence
- Good knowledge of food safety legislation and HACCP
- Good industry contacts will make the job role more impactful
- Confident in complex forecasting and budget control
- Evidence of ensuring compliance to food safety and/or health and safety regulation
- Successful leadership of high performing teams
This is a unique opportunity to join a charity that is focusing on reducing food waste and food poverty. This is a high growth, fast paced and commercial environment where you will be challenged but also have the opportunity to work for a good cause.
Lime Talent is a recruitment agency specialising in the consumer goods industry. To view a broader selection of our current vacancies go to www.limetalentgroup.com or call us on 0207 042 3800.
The Lime Talent team always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you’ve not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Lime Talent Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.