Supply Chain and Procurement Manager
Supply Chain & Procurement Manager
Surrey: Hybrid 3 days/week in the office
This is a great opportunity for a Supply Chain & Procurement Manager to join a well established organic and sustainable food business. You’ll take full ownership of the end to end supply chain function from sourcing product, to delivering finished goods to retail customers. This is an SME where you will be able to make a large impact on the way their supply chain runs ensuring they continue to supply organic and environmentally friendly foods.
Supply Chain & Procurement Manager responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing supply chain strategies and processes to optimise efficiency and minimise costs
- Managing the purchasing process including buying, supply and distribution for the company. Working closely with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of quality products and services at competitive prices.
- Monitoring inventory levels and developing inventory management strategies to avoid stockouts and excess inventory.
- Forecasting levels of demand for products
- Controlling and improving transport costs.
- Manage import and export documentation. Keep up to date with the ever changing regulations post Brexit.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Analysing and reporting supply chain performance metrics and identifying areas for improvement.
- Identifying and mitigating supply chain risks such as natural disasters, geopolitical tensions, and supplier bankruptcy.
- Working on automation of processes to make the work flow more efficiently.
- Working with the marketing and sales teams to develop new product ideas and bring them to market.
- Leading and developing a supply chain team.
If you are interested in applying to this role you can make an application to Lime Talent today.