This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading and innovative protective wear business as a Product Development Scientist. Our client is looking for a development scientist to help launch a new range of products specialising in ceramics, composites and fibres. You will ideally have experience in these materials and be an expert at delivering a product from concept to launch.
Product Development Scientist responsibilities:
- Developing products and establishing product design based on the ceramics, composites and fibres
- Materials sourcing – identifying new supply chain in ceramic and composite materials
- Conducting test protocols and procedures and product evaluation
- Write technical reports and cost estimates, documenting development work
- Overseeing the integration of new products with other commercial areas, including brand development, sales strategy, quality assurance, legal, marketing and manufacturing
- Plan, carry out and supervise process trials in laboratories
- Devise test methods to assess the production process
- Working with product pipelines at various stages of development
- Developing formulae, specifications and label declarations, and ensuring compliance with the finished product specifications
- Read and write the technical reports and specifications, maintaining appropriate records
- Initiate and generate ideas based on reading and research
To be successful as Product Development Scientist
- Ideally a degree in Materials science or chemical engineering
- Product development experience ideally with knowledge in composites – polyethylene, polyester, ceramics.
- Experience working in the Automotive, Aerospace and Medical Industry would be of interest.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with material research and testing.