This is a unique opportunity for an Innovation Leader to work with a global FMCG business with category leading brands.
Working in a global R&D team you will be responsible for identifying and developing future product innovations to satisfy our client’s customer needs. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify new and innovative technologies ahead of the product development process. You will employ a consumer first mindset to help define the future product vision and enable the ambitious growth projections for the category.
You will work closely with insights and marketing to develop a clear understanding of the customer needs, once the vision is set you will bring it to life. You will then be responsible for sourcing materials, development, prototyping and building product learning plans before handing over to the product development team to execute.
Innovation Leader responsibilities:
- Leading the Innovation program for EMEA to deliver the outlined focused growth projection for this category. Set the product vision through design thinking for the post strategic business plan meeting the key Brand Strategies.
- Employing Brand strategies, Market & Competitive understanding to create & screen new product ideas
- Drive/support consumer research to identify & assess breakthrough product & package opportunities in partnership with Insights, Marketing, Design and Material Specialists and potential external partners.
- Define the EMEA Learning plan, consumer research fundamentals & ideas generation to ensure innovation needs are met.
- Partnering with EMEA business units, regional product development teams & regional marketing teams to stay abreast of business reality, competitive activity and ensure the medium & near term Innovation plans are aligned with the long term vision.
- Connecting the “what’s needed” with the technical development work to ensure technology development is in line with consumer needs, exploiting category growth and delivering against brand strategies
- Interacting globally with business partners to ensure maximum alignment and value from global teams.
- Protect the business’s proprietary technology and products through appropriate use of patents and effective protection of proprietary information.
- Delivering on safety standards during the development and consumer testing phase.
- Stay abreast of company & industry best practice on product development methodologies, experiment where appropriate, consult/support other team members to develop strong R&D learning plans.
Innovation Leader experience
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific or engineering field.
- Product design or development experience and ideally experience working in front end innovation stages of the development cycle
- Experience working in a similar global, fast moving consumer goods business
- Exceptional leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to set a vision & engage/influence stakeholders in delivering that vision
- Ability to build collaborative relationships amongst numerous suppliers & stakeholders both within technical & commercial functions
This is a great opportunity to join a global FMCG business, working on cutting products with excellent opportunities for career progression. This is a globally focused role so remote working is possible.