Head of Technical
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior food professional to take full ownership of the Technical function of one of the most innovative food businesses in the UK. You will also be responsible for ensuring the highest level of food safety standards and quality whilst growing an international supply base. This is a medium sized business and this role will be part of the senior leadership team with an input into the company’s wider strategy.
- Managing existing 3rd party manufacturers
- Sourcing and developing relationships with new international 3rd party manufacturers
- Monitoring and maintaining the technical compliance of ingredients
- Working with existing technical and factory teams to take NPD from sample through to production run
- Ensuring technical specifications are completed and agreed with manufacturers
- Pushing product quality and shelf life through both ingredients and manufacturing processes
- Working with factory to optimise the production process to find cost efficiencies
- Maintaining relationships with key customers and suppliers, through regular communication and development activities ensuring customer requirements are fully met.
- Oversee product quality on initial trial runs from the factory
- Ensure existing products are the highest quality and constantly improving
- Managing customer complaints and feedback and taking relevant steps to resolve issues.
- Managing and developing a technical team
To be successful
- Degree educated ideally in food science
- Ideally you will come from a technical background with extensive experience in the food industry, exposure to chilled, ambient and frozen would be beneficial.
- Experience working for a food manufacturer or retailer.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to build relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.