Head of Sales
£75,000 – £85,000 + 20% Bonus + Benefits
London or South East Based
Chilled Produce (Private Label and Branded)
We are looking for a Head of Sales to join the team of a challenger food company. The business produces a range of chilled foods that straddle both private label and branded products within grocery retail.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy to increase revenue and grow the customer base in the UK and other key markets. Your focus will be on expanding brand presence, building strong relationships with existing and new customers, and identifying new opportunities to drive growth.
To succeed in this role, you must have proven experience in both branded and private label food, be a real foodie with experience in developing and launching NPD, and have a track record of winning new business and growing accounts. Experience of working with chilled or short shelf life products and managing top 4 UK grocery customers is also essential.
· Develop and execute a sales strategy to increase revenue and grow customer base
· Identify and develop new customers and key accounts
· Build and maintain strong relationships with distribution partners
· Monitor competitor activity to stay competitive in pricing and placement
· Understand customers’ needs and find ways to move the business forward
· Manage budgets and team members (circa 5 employees)
· Relevant commercial experience in the food industry
· Experience managing key accounts within UK grocery retail
· Strong communication, energy, and budget management skills
· Pipeline and forecast management experience
· Team management experience
· Passionate about wellness, sustainability, and providing healthy foods to consumers.
If you are a goal-oriented, target-driven individual who is passionate about food and wellness, we would love to hear from you.