Head of Food
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior food professional to take full ownership of the Technical and NPD function of an exciting new food start up. You will be responsible for bringing new products to market overseeing the whole process from concept through to launch. You will also be responsible for ensuring the highest level of food safety standards and quality whilst growing an international supply base.
Technical and Quality Management
- Managing existing 3rd party manufacturers
- Sourcing and developing relationships with new international 3rd party manufacturers
- Monitoring and maintaining the technical compliance of ingredients
- Working with existing technical and factory teams to take NPD from sample through to production run
- Ensuring technical specifications are completed and agreed with manufacturers
- Pushing product quality and shelf life through both ingredients and manufacturing processes
- Working with factory to optimize the production process to find cost efficiencies
- Maintaining relationships with key customers and suppliers, through regular communication and development activities ensuring customer requirements are fully met.
- Oversee product quality on initial trial runs from the factory
- Ensure our existing products are the highest quality and constantly improving
- Managing customer complaints and feedback and taking relevant steps to resolve issues.
- Managing and developing a Food Technologist
- Developing the next generation of innovation ensuring that we are at the cutting edge of plant based products.
- Improving taste, texture and refreshing existing products
- Researching international markets and understanding different consumer tastes and trends and developing new concepts accordingly.
- Managing multiple NPD projects from concept through to launch.
To be successful
- A high level of understanding of international food trends and of customer expectations. Understanding of what’s hot and what’s going to be extremely popular with customers comes naturally to you.
- Ideally you will come from a technical and NPD background with extensive experience in the food industry.
- It would be highly beneficial to have experience in the meat industry or development of proteins and plant based products.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to build relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Highly innovative with a passion for food and plant based.
- Highly commercial
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- The agility to work in a fast paced and dynamic start up environment
- Flexible and willing to travel.
Lime Talent is a recruitment agency specialising in the consumer goods industry. To view a broader selection of our current vacancies go to www.limetalentgroup.com or call us on 0207 042 3800.
The Lime Talent team always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you’ve not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Lime Talent Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.