Location – Oxford (Hybrid min 3 days/week in the office)
Salary – £35k + Bonus
This is a great opportunity for a buyer to join a medical devices business in their growing team. The position of Buyer is responsible for ensuring availability of product to support Production, Supply Chain and Field Maintenance requirements. Ensuring orders are received on time in full.
- The direct placing of purchase orders utilising the ERP system. Managing the SAP authorisation process for medium and high value orders with director/senior management.
- Monitor the open order book to ensure orders are received on time in full.
- Identify all past due orders and follow up with suppliers.
- Escalate supplier performance or purchase order issues to the Supply and Demand Planning Manager and Operations director.
- Managing the supplier quote process.
- Under the guidance of the Supply and Demand Planning Manager, review recommendations in the ERP MRP module and action accordingly.
- Identify the need and liaising with suppliers to expedite orders.
- Introduce and manage the processes to monitor, report, and actively manage purchase orders.
- Coordinate the RMA process with suppliers on behalf of the Manufacturing Manager and Product Support Manager
- Ensure that any issues including obsolescence that may impact production schedules or item availability are escalated to the Supply and Demand Planning Manager and Operations director.
- Actively manage the product item master data in ERP regarding purchasing parameters (lead time, price, MOQ, etc…) to ensure correct MRP and Financial Accounting performance.
- Manage supplier relationships and act as the supplier point of contact.
- Support the Supply and Demand Planning Manager during negotiation with suppliers to ensure product quality is achieved at appropriate cost.
- Travel to suppliers where a business need has been identified.
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager and Quality Function with the resolution of quality issues prior to order delivery.
- Arrange and support the Supply and Demand Planning Manager and Manufacturing Manager to conduct regular supplier performance reviews.
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager in sourcing potential new suppliers
- General purchasing administration tasks including resolving queries and filing paperwork.
- Identify and action any opportunities for cost reduction.
- Assist with the creation and development of procurement processes.