This business is a market-leader and works with some of the biggest names in the corporate world with accounts ranging across the Sports, FMCG and Automotive industries (to name a few). They are held in high-esteem worldwide and their products are easily recognisable. They are currently looking for an entry level Assistant Buyer to join their exciting and vibrant team.
In accordance with the ambitious business goals of the company, your role would be to provide essential support to the Buyer in the development, design, manufacturing and distribution of all product ranges. You will play a crucial part in the day-to-day management of the Buying Office as well as assisting the Buyer with departmental tasks; this also includes the production of critical paths and effective management of the supply base.
Your responsibilities as a Assistant Buyer include:
- Managing the critical path for your departments
- Working effectively and proactively with the Sales team and Design team on product specifications
- The preparation and interpretation of analysis in order to make recommendations and actionable strategies
- Coordination and following up on ad-hoc projects as required
- Preparing and presenting innovative ideas at key client and departmental meetings
- The management of local co-branding and embellishment product requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with key suppliers
- Proactive negotiations with suppliers
In order to be an exceptional Assistant Buyer:
- Articulate - must be a clear communicator (both verbally and written)
- Meticulous approach to both detail and organisation
- Fantastic interpersonal skills - the ability to maintain and build relationships is crucial
- Excellent computer-literacy - competency with Microsoft Office and Excel systems
- Great analytical skills
- A strong ability to multitask and prioritise
- Team-orientated - must be an outstanding team player
- Prior experience in a buying environment
- Experience within product development is preferable
This is an amazing chance for a Junior Buyer to be part of a global company. The business provides an outstanding opportunity for development as well as a fantastic working environment. If this role sounds like something which you could excel in, please do not hesitate in applying for Lime Talent today!
Lime Talent is a recruitment agency specialising in the consumer goods industry. To view a broader selection of our current vacancies go to www.limetalentgroup.com or call us on 0207 042 3800.
The Lime Talent team always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you've not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Lime Talent Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use the apply button above or alternatively, email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org